Short Story
The Great Six Celestial God's and their Inheritors
I was a girl who wants to find the truth about herself. A simple girl who wants a simple life, a normal life, but what if I am not that kind of girl that I wanted to be. I am kind of girl who’s far away from being normal, far away from others. I am a mysterious type of girl that you wanted to know more, but there was .only one thing that has a big part of my life, and this is the Exostan Academy.
****
They said I am weak, a bookworm, and a shy-type person who cannot defend herself. Well that’s true; because I just want to have a simple and a peaceful life here in the school and out of the school. I don’t have friends because nobody wants to be my friend, but I have enemies, one of them is Reina Collins, Half American and Half Filipino. Her name suit to her because in school she acts like a Queen. Well I can say that she is beautiful, she has a beautiful sexy body, a pinkish white skin, red kissable lips and a natural blonde hair. She is my classmate from G7 until now. She is a bully, not only to me but the student like me and to those students that she don’t like. By the way I am Asha Samantha Chavez, 17 years old; I am a Grade 12 Senior High Student at St. Augustus Academy. Well I can say that I am a nerd type, I used to wear a thick glass, braces, and my hair is ponytail and wearing simple shirts and jeans. I lived with my parents and we lived like a normal people but the truth is we aren’t normal because we have powers. My Mother is Alexandra Chavez; she has a power to levitate or the so called Levitation, where she can float in the air. While my Father is Blake Chavez; he has the ability of Illusion or Illusionist, where he can change the surroundings using illusion. And I have also an older brother, he is not with us because he stays at the school where he studied and that is the Exostan Academy, where this school is for the students who have powers. We have different school because the school where I studied which is the St. Augustus Academy is the school for normal people, but I choose to study here because I want to experience the life of being normal. By the way, my brother’s power is Time Manipulation, where he can manipulate the time or he can do Time travel. Honestly, I didn’t yet discover my power because according to my Mom that my power will show until I turn to 18, so I will wait two months from now.
One day while I am walking in the school ground, I saw a man standing at the big tree at the side of this ground. He is looking at me, he has this scary red eyes and he wears all black outfit, while I am looking at him, it just a blink of my eye that man disappeared. So I walk as fast as I can because I have this feeling that the man I saw earlier have also power and he had a bad intention to me. While I am walking fast, I didn’t notice that there is someone in front of me, that’s why I accidentally bump her and her chocolate drink throw to her dress.
“Oh my God, Reina I’m so sorry, it was just an accident.” I said while I’m trying to erase the stain to her dress.
“Get of your hands off me, you stupid nerd. Did you know how much this dress? Huh?” she said with a pissed and angry voice.
"I’m so sorry, promise it’s not my intention” I pleaded to her. She just push me to the ground and she walk away with an angry voice.
After that incident, I go back to my classroom because the class will start. After an hour, the bell ring that means it’s time for break time. During break time and lunch time, I did not go in the Cafeteria, I go to my secret place here in school which is the garden because their I feel the breeze of the fresh air, peaceful surroundings and no one can disturb me. While I am eating, I feel that someone is staring at me, so I look around to know who that is and I did not see anybody, but I have this feeling that the man I see earlier is the man that is watching me right now. I pack all my things as fast as I can, so that I can go back to my room because now I am really scared.
After all my subjects are done, I go directly in the parking lot, where my driver is waiting. When I came home, I find my Mom and Dad;
“Manang Lucing, where’s Mom and Dad?” I asked o our maid, while she is in the kitchen; I think she is preparing for dinner.
“They are not already here, Mam Sam”, I just nod as an answer, and I go to my room to change my cloth. After that I just lay down in my bed and I read the book that Mom gave me on my last birthday, but I can’t focus of what I’m doing now because I can’t forget about to that scary man. I can’t help myself but to be confused, that’s the reason why I am waiting to my parents for them to answer all questions in my mind now. Who is that man? What he wants from me? Why he keep on following me?.
“KNOCK”, a knock distracted me from my trance.
“Who’s that?” I asked while continue reading my books.
“Ma’am Sam, your parents is already here.” I jump out to my bed and go downstairs to see my parents.
“Mom, Dad.” I hug them tightly.
“Hi baby, how’s your day?” dad asked.
“It’s okay dad. Dad I have some question with you and Mom.”
“Okay baby, but later okay, we will just change our cloth and we will talk about that during our dinner.” I just nod as an answer.
I go back to my room and I continue reading to the book that I used to read before. It is entitled “The Great Six Celestial Power and their Inheritors”, this book is about the Great Six Celestial Gods and Goddesses who have the most powerful powers in the world of Exostan. The Six powerful elemental powers; the Water Controller, Earth Controller, Fire Controller, Air Controller, Ice Manipulator, and Electricity Manipulator. According to this book, each of the Celestial Gods should choose one of the Exostanian to inherit their power before they die.
(Someone knock on the door)
“Ma’am Sam, the dinner is ready” one of the maid said.
“Okay.” I put the book beside my bed, and I go downstairs. As I reach in the dining area, I saw Mom and Dad taking seriously.
“Mom, Dad? What are you guys talking? Why you both are so serious?” I asked with a confused face. I saw my Mom looking to my Dad and I feel that they are hiding something from me.
“We just talking about business, baby” Mom said, but I am not convince of what my Mom said. I just nod as an answer. As we start eating, nobody is talking between the three of us. But a few minutes later, Dad broke the silence.
“By the way baby, you said to me earlier that you have question to us right?”
“Ahm yeah, Dad why we have powers?”
“Asha, I think this is not the right time to talk about that. I will only tell you the whole story when you turn 18 because that time you already discover your power.” I think Dad is serious right now because he will just call me using my name when he is angry and serious. “Okay dad and dad when I am in school, I saw a man, he has this scary red eyes and he wears all black suit. I feel that he has a bad intention to me.” After I said that, I saw my father’s face that he is angry and worried.
“The Bangtans” dad said with a low voice.
“Bangtans? Who are they?” I asked with a muddled voice.
“They are the enemy of the Exostan, baby.” Mom said, after I heard about the so called Bangtans, my heartbeat start to malfunction because it beats fast.
“Then why they keep on following me? Is it because I am an Exostan?” I asked with a confused voice.
“Honestly, we really don’t know what are their reason on why they keep on following you, because they didn’t follow an Exostan, unless if that Exostan is important and have a big part in the institution.” as what daddy just said registered in my mind, my eyes get wider despite of the weariness I had right now.
“So that means, I am that important for them? Ehh.. I don’t even have power.”
“I don’t know baby, but don’t worry we will find out the reason behind this. And about your power, don’t worry two months later we will discover what your power is.” I am really confused right now.
(TWO MONTHS LATER)
It’s Saturday and this day is a big event of my life. This tonight’s event which is my 18th birthday is so important to me because I will discover now what my power is, and all questions in my head will be answered. I looked around, and seeing a few people getting busy in preparing for a simple event. The place seemed much brighter and more party-like but simple, probably due to the unique theatrical lightning. On the wall of the stage were pasted glittery pink words, which read as “ASHA SAMANTHA@18” and heart-shaped cutouts, were dangling from railings up above. To top it all off, pink and white balloons were floating all over the place, along with matching flowers, giving the place a fairy-tale theme perfect for my debut. After I checked the venue, I go straight to my room for preparation of my dress and my make-up. As I reach the room, I take a bath first, and after I finish taking a bath, they started to put make-up, but I told them first that make it simple. After a minute, in simple make-up, I wear my pink simple dress that flowing down to my curvy hips, and framed my thin figure perfectly. It is also perfect for my black curly hair, but I noticed something from my hair, that at the side of my hair their something color blue and white.
“Anna? Did you put something hair color to my hair?” I asked confusedly.
“No, I did not put any hair color to your hair.” Anna said with the terrify look.
“It’s okay, it suit to my dress.”
“But you know what Ma’am Sam, you look so perfect tonight.” She said with an excitement to her voice.
“Well thank you for you Anna.” I smiled to them. After I finished getting of myself for the party, I go to the main place where the event is held. The sound crackled from inside, echoing a cross the crowd and cutting off the music that had been blaring. When the M.C finally opening the event by introducing me. As I started to walk towards the entrance, I feel that all eyes are on me, but I don’t give them a hint that I am nervous right now, because honestly, I am not fun of joining like this in our school like the Prom Night. That’s why my heart beat s fast, but I always keep on telling to myself that, smile because this is your day. As the program gets started, and we do all the things what a debut must do, like 18 roses, 18 candles, 18 treasures, etc. The night will not end, until I give my special speech for thanking my parents, my brother who looked pretty good in his tux, with his brown hair gelled into places. And I thank also those people who are here right now. As the party is already over, I was in my room changing my cloth; a knock distracted me from what I am doing. Dad, Mom, and my brother entered the room. As soon as they noticed me, daddy sucked in his breath and said;
“Baby happy birthday again, and I know that this is the time where you will discover your power and you also want to know the story behind our powers and about that Bangtans who keep on following you, right?” I just nod as an answer, and this time no one is talking except to my dad.
“Well the story goes like this. Hundreds of years ago, there was a man who named Richard. He’s a Filipino. He’s not sociable. He didn’t even try to mingle or to have friend because he feel that there is something in there family that different from the others. He noticed that there family is isolated and they don’t talk to anyone especially to the normal people, it’s like they avoiding them. Until one day, he knew to his father that they are different. They have powers. And according to his father that they are not the only people that have powers, there are a lot of them. His father also told him that there are the so called Great Six Celestial Gods and Goddesses that have the most powerful powers. After he knew all that information from his father, he decided to travel around the world to find the Celestial Gods, but before he go to another country he changed his name to Keinji, for him not to be recognized by the people who saw him before. Until one day, while he is in Korea, he met a girl who named Kandiss. Actually, they met accidentally because someone try to snatch the bag of Kandiss, and Keinji saw that and he is ready to help the girl but he was shocked of what he saw, that the girl which is Kandiss has also power and it is the Elasticity where she can stretch her arms, hands and body. That’s why Keinji decided to convinced Kandiss to come with him, because aside from the fact that she only lived alone here in Korea, she can also help Keinji to find the Celestial Gods. After that they find another follower and the Celestial Gods throughout the world. After 3 years of finding the Celestial Gods, they successfully find them. The Celestial Gods has the six elemental powers, Luhan the Water Controller, Xiumin the Earth Controller, Yuna the Air Controller, Tao the Fire Controller, Chanyeol the Electricity Manipulator, and Riye the Ice Manipulator. While Keinji and Kandiss finding the Celestial Gods, they get married and they have blessed with two kids; Kana and Michie. Until one day, they heard news about Raymond, the twin brother of Richard/Keinji, he established an institution where they used their power to the innocent people in a bad way, and they called that institution as Bangtans. After Keinji heard about that, he was so disappointed of what his twin brother do, that’s why he decided to established an institution where the followers and the Celestial Gods can practice and learn about their powers. But after 10 years, Keinji and Kandiss died, they give the authority to their children to run the institution because even though that Kana is only 17 years old and Michie is 15 years old, Keinji trained them how to handle the institution that they built and it is the Exostan Academy.” all things what my father just telling right now is hard to register into my head.
“Then why the Bangtans keep on following me?” I asked with a confused voice.
“I think you are one of the inheritors.” Mom said.
“Inheritors? What is that?” I asked.
“Yes an inheritor, they are the inheritors of the great six Celestial powers. The Gods and Goddesses choose one of the Exostanian that deserving to be one of the inheritors.” Mom explained. I remember about those Celestial powers and the so called inheritors from the book that used to read when I’m alone.
“If I am one of the inheritors, then what is my power?”
“In order for you to discover your power, try to concentrate yourself, and focus your mind and be calm. So that we will know what is the color of your eye and hair.” My brother instructed.
“The color of my eyes and hair? What’s the connection?”
“The color of the eyes and hair is an indication that they are belong to the great six. The Red for the Fire Controller, Green for the Water Controller, Brown for the Earth Controller, Blue for the Air Controller, White for the Ice Manipulator, and Yellow for the Electricity Manipulator.” My brother answered. Now I know why there is something in my hair that is color blue and white. After that, I try myself to concentrate and keep myself calm. After a seconds, I slowly open my eyes and I totally open it, I saw in the face of my family that they are shock of what they are seen right now.
“You are the Air Controller Asha.” Dad said with a low voice. After I discover my power, my parents decided to transfer me in the Exostan Academy, where my brother Jeydon studied. I have this feeling that I am excited and at the same time nervous because I don’t know if the student are like my classmate in St. Augustus Academy, I don’t know if they don’t also like me, or if they want me to be their friend. That’s why I packed my things last night.
“Samantha! Let’s go we’re getting late.” My brother shouted.
“Coming! Bye Mom and Dad.” I hug them tightly
“Bye baby.”
After 30 minutes, we stop in the park, and my brother Jeydon give the key to Manong Mario. My heartbeat is starting to malfunction because I thought we reach the school but it’s not. Jeydon pulled me to the edge of this park and it’s like a forest here. We turn right, then left, and then right again. I feel so tired and it just nothing for my brother Jeydon. When we can reach that school? I asked to myself. After a minutes walking, my brother stop, that’s why I stop too and my mouth get wider because of what I seen right now. It is a one space, and it have a lake at the side and in front of me, there’s a big school where in the center of the gate, their something written their and it is Exostan Academy. I can’t imagine that in the middle of the forest there is a big school located.
As we entered the school, my eyes get wider because of the amazement; this school has a Shopping Center, a big field and many buildings. I’m sure the students here will not get bored. We are now on the way to the principal’s office where I will know what number of my room is. I noticed the hallways were jam-packed with students roaming around. While we are walking going to principal’s office, I saw a group of people that different to the students that I saw in the hallway, because the colors of their hair makes hem different from the others. I think they are the Inheritors of the great six celestial powers. Because it suit to what my brother just told me before about the colors of their hair, because each of them have different colors in their hair. The man at the left side, he has this long nose, pink lips, high cheekbones, and his brown hair. He wears brown fitted jeans, a white plain shirt, and rubber shoes. While the man at the right side, I think he is a half Korean and half Filipino because of his half-moon eyes, a long nose, snowy skin, and a Yellowish hair. And the man at the center, he have this cold aura, his eyes is emotionless, but he is handsome and the color of his hair is white. There are also two ladies, the lady on the left side, I think she is a Fashionista-type, she wears a tube that color pink and a white blazer, and a loose white jeans. Her hair is color white and green combination. And the girl on her right side, she a silent-type girl, she is tall, chinita, have a red lips and a white-red combination of her hair suit to her.
“Are they belong to the Inheritors?” I asked to my brother who is quiet right now. “Yes they are.” He answered.
After that we continue walking going to the Principal’s office. As we reach the office, my brother knocks three times before he open it. As we entered I saw a woman sitting on her rocking chair, she is beautiful, she have a long nose, pinkish white skin, and red kissable lips. So she is one of the daughters of Keinji and Kandiss.
“Good Morning, Master Kana.” My brother greeted her.
“Good Morning, please sit down. Is this Samantha?” she said while looking at me.
“Yes Master.” My brother said. “She is also one of the Great six.” After he said that, I don’t see any reaction in the face of the principal.
“Yeah, I know.” I am shock of what she said. “I know from the very beginning that you are one of the Inheritors and you are the Air Controller, I just wait until you turn to 18 and you already discover your power.” She said to me with a smile on her face.
“So here’s the number of your room.” It’s just a blink of my eyes, there is a paper appears to my hand. “You are one of the Inheritors, so you’re placed at the Celestial’s Department where the other members of the inheritors are there.
After Master Kana give to me my room number, we go straight to my room but I can’t help myself to be confused about Master Kana, that’s why I asked my brother;
“She have a sister right? What happen to her? Where is she right now?” I asked with a confused voice.“Her sister is in the America right now, Michie handle’s their business because aside of this school, they also establish a business for them to have more fund that can be used for the needs of this school.” I just a nod after I hear that.
After 30 minutes, we reach the room 14, and I adieu to my brother because he going back to his dormitory. I knock three times, before someone opens it. As the door open I saw the girl that her hair is color white-green combination.
“Yes? What do you need?” she said.
“Ahm, I am Asha Samantha Chavez. I am your new roommate.” I said yet downcast.
“New roommate, so are you one of us? Are you one of the inheritors?” I just nod.“So that means you are the Air Controller?”
“Yes, I am.” I said with a shy voice.
“Is that so, welcome to the family” I was shocked when she embraced me but at the same time I am happy.
“Yuna, who’s that?” someone shouted from the room.“Oh, by the way I am Yuna Torres. Let’s go inside I will introduce you to my best friend Riye” she pulled me inward to the room. As we entered the room I saw the girl lying on her bed while reading book.
“Riye look! We have new roommate she is Asha Samantha Chavez, the Air controller. Say hi to her!” Yuna said with an excitement to her voice.
“Hi.” Riye said with a bored voice.
“Don’t mind her; she is like that when she is young. She is not the type of person that easy to trust a person.” Yuna whispered to me. But after Yuna said that Riye give us a death glare. That’s why Yuna give Riye a peace sign. I am glad that I meet them because I know that this year I will have the best year of my life.
After months that I stayed here, I feel so welcome here because of Yuna, Riye, Kim, James, and Matt. They are like a family to me, even though we knew each other for a short period of time. During that months had passed, I learned now how to use my power because I thought that the subjects here are the same subject in my previous school but I was wrong, because the subjects here are about enhancing your power and how to control and used it and with the help of my friend I easily cope up to those lessons. Until one day, I thought that no one will destroy the peacefulness of the Exostan, but we get a news from one of the Exostanian that there is one Exostanian killed by the Bangtans, that’s why our school is now alert of our surroundings, and Master Kana also told us to train hard because there is a possibility that we can fight the Bangtans as soon as possible.
After two months of training, I can say that we are really prepared for the battle that will happen soon.
“Hey Sam, what are you thinking?” Yuna asked.
“Nothing.” She just nod.
“Come join us. We are having fun here, and you are their thinking for nothing.” “I’m okay, I will just stay here to be with Riye.” I shouted. I look at to Riye and she is also looking at me with a bored face. According to Yuna, Riye is really like that ever since her mother killed by the Bangtans, that’s why when she heard about what the Bangtans do to one of the Exostanian, she got angry, that lead to a big fire that happen in the forest because Riye didn’t control herself from her emotion.
Everyone is getting busy of doing something, Yuna and others are playing freeze bee, while Riye and me are reading book. While I am reading book, I feel that someone is watching me right now, what I feel now is the same of what I feel before. I gaze up to know who that is. And I saw him again, the creepy man with a red eyes and all black outfit.
”Asha.” Someone said with a creepy voice, and when I look again to the man, form a creepy smile to his face. “Asha.” I was stunned when second time around he calls my name and I am sure that, that voice from that eerie man.
“Sam, are you okay?” Riye asked with a confused voice. I just nod as answer. I look again to the man, but he is already gone. I saw someone running towards us.
”Excuse me, Master Kana called the.six of you to her office now. She said have something important to tell.” He said.
“Yuna, Master Kana called us to go to her office, let’s go.” I yelled at them. They just nod to me.
We already here in Master Kana’s office, she is now sitting to her chair with a serious face. Nobody wants to speak, the silence occupy the office now, until Master Kana speak;
“I called you here ‘cause I have something important to tell. I want you to be ready ‘cause the one who run the Bangtans institution which is King declared a war between them and us the Exostan. King is the only son of Raymond, the twin brother of my father; he will do anything to beat us. But I don’t want that to happen, that’s why I call you here because I believe to the six of you and I know for the past two months you trained harder for you to get prepared for this battle.” Master Kana said to us with a serious voice. While Master Kana is discussing, there is someone entered the office he is out of breath, and he has this worried and scared face.
“Master Kana, the Ba-bangtans, tumbled into our place, and they killed the Exostanian who blocked their way.” After he said that, Master Kana punch the table because of the anger that she feels right now.
“It’s time.” She said with a cold voice. After she said that, she goes out in this room and we follow her.
As we go straight where the Bangtans is making trouble. I saw dead bodies of the Exostanian people, that killed by the demon King. After we reach the ground we saw the Bangtan’s member and that I saw before, the creepy man.
“King.” Master Kana said with angriness to her voice.
“Oh hi, Queen Kana, nice to meet you. Do you like what you are seeing right now?” he said while smiling, a smile that implying something scary. I try to compose myself to be calm, and at same time focus and alert.
"You son of a demon, why are you doing this? I know that our group hate each other but, we can be reconciled each other.” Master Kana said to King.
“Reconciled? Wow big word, but no and why I am doing this? Simple, to get revenge to your family and especially to your father. Because your father killed my father.” He shouted with a scary voice. “And oh, I have a surprise for you.’ After she said that, there is a woman captivated by them.
“Michie!!” Master Kana is really worried right now. “Release her or else I will kill you.” She is fretting at the top of his voice when she saw her sister.
“Hahaha are you kidding me? Why would I? But what if I will kill her I front of you? Like this.” King stab the neck of Master Kana’s sister that lead her to death.
“NO!! You will pay for this.” She said now while crying. Master Kana take the plunge going to King. And we attack the Bangtansian using our powers; I make a big tornado to swallow all the members of Bangtans. I saw from my left that Yuna and Riye fight the others, and Kim, James and Matt is fighting also using their different powers. Yuna form a sword using her power and Riye use her power to make the sword water in iced. While Kim form a fire balls in his hands and then throw it to the enemies. James make a power punch in the ground that result to break it. And Matt used his power to make a thunder to use it to the enemies. On my peripheral vision I saw my brother attacked by the one of the Bangtans and that son of bitch try to stab my brother, that’s why I use my power to make a shields to parry the attack of the enemy, I look at to my brother and signal him to stab that man to his tummy. After that, I go back on fighting the enemies. I saw Master Kana is still fighting to King, but she got hit to her legs that result her to be in not condition, that’s why I called Yuna and Riye to help Master Kana, when King try to stab Master Kana, Yuna make a big sword made by water and Riye make it into iced, and I used my power which air to control the sword that they made going directly to King. And we successfully killed him because the sword is stab to his heart that leads him to death. We go to Master Kana so we can help her, I called my brother, to carry Master Kana going to the Clinic of the school. After a minute had passed by, we win the battle, even though that there’s a lot of Exostanian died, but it’s all worth it because they die with honor.
(SIX MONTHS LATER)
“I pronounce you as Graduate.” Master Kana said. Yes, it’s our graduation day today, I feel happy right now and at the same time sad, I am happy because I met a true friends who always their when you have problem and I am sad because I will miss this school because in this school I experience a lot that change me into who I am today, this school made me realize of who really I am, and made me realize that there are people who will treat you as part of their life forever. I know that this is not the end of my journey; I know that there will be another problem that will come into my life.
I was a girl who wants to find the truth about herself. A simple girl who wants a simple life, a normal life, but what if I am not that kind of girl that I wanted to be. I am kind of girl who’s far away from being normal, far away from others. I am a mysterious type of girl that you wanted to know more, but there was .only one thing that has a big part of my life, and this is the Exostan Academy.
****
They said I am weak, a bookworm, and a shy-type person who cannot defend herself. Well that’s true; because I just want to have a simple and a peaceful life here in the school and out of the school. I don’t have friends because nobody wants to be my friend, but I have enemies, one of them is Reina Collins, Half American and Half Filipino. Her name suit to her because in school she acts like a Queen. Well I can say that she is beautiful, she has a beautiful sexy body, a pinkish white skin, red kissable lips and a natural blonde hair. She is my classmate from G7 until now. She is a bully, not only to me but the student like me and to those students that she don’t like. By the way I am Asha Samantha Chavez, 17 years old; I am a Grade 12 Senior High Student at St. Augustus Academy. Well I can say that I am a nerd type, I used to wear a thick glass, braces, and my hair is ponytail and wearing simple shirts and jeans. I lived with my parents and we lived like a normal people but the truth is we aren’t normal because we have powers. My Mother is Alexandra Chavez; she has a power to levitate or the so called Levitation, where she can float in the air. While my Father is Blake Chavez; he has the ability of Illusion or Illusionist, where he can change the surroundings using illusion. And I have also an older brother, he is not with us because he stays at the school where he studied and that is the Exostan Academy, where this school is for the students who have powers. We have different school because the school where I studied which is the St. Augustus Academy is the school for normal people, but I choose to study here because I want to experience the life of being normal. By the way, my brother’s power is Time Manipulation, where he can manipulate the time or he can do Time travel. Honestly, I didn’t yet discover my power because according to my Mom that my power will show until I turn to 18, so I will wait two months from now.
One day while I am walking in the school ground, I saw a man standing at the big tree at the side of this ground. He is looking at me, he has this scary red eyes and he wears all black outfit, while I am looking at him, it just a blink of my eye that man disappeared. So I walk as fast as I can because I have this feeling that the man I saw earlier have also power and he had a bad intention to me. While I am walking fast, I didn’t notice that there is someone in front of me, that’s why I accidentally bump her and her chocolate drink throw to her dress.
“Oh my God, Reina I’m so sorry, it was just an accident.” I said while I’m trying to erase the stain to her dress.
“Get of your hands off me, you stupid nerd. Did you know how much this dress? Huh?” she said with a pissed and angry voice.
"I’m so sorry, promise it’s not my intention” I pleaded to her. She just push me to the ground and she walk away with an angry voice.
After that incident, I go back to my classroom because the class will start. After an hour, the bell ring that means it’s time for break time. During break time and lunch time, I did not go in the Cafeteria, I go to my secret place here in school which is the garden because their I feel the breeze of the fresh air, peaceful surroundings and no one can disturb me. While I am eating, I feel that someone is staring at me, so I look around to know who that is and I did not see anybody, but I have this feeling that the man I see earlier is the man that is watching me right now. I pack all my things as fast as I can, so that I can go back to my room because now I am really scared.
After all my subjects are done, I go directly in the parking lot, where my driver is waiting. When I came home, I find my Mom and Dad;
“Manang Lucing, where’s Mom and Dad?” I asked o our maid, while she is in the kitchen; I think she is preparing for dinner.
“They are not already here, Mam Sam”, I just nod as an answer, and I go to my room to change my cloth. After that I just lay down in my bed and I read the book that Mom gave me on my last birthday, but I can’t focus of what I’m doing now because I can’t forget about to that scary man. I can’t help myself but to be confused, that’s the reason why I am waiting to my parents for them to answer all questions in my mind now. Who is that man? What he wants from me? Why he keep on following me?.
“KNOCK”, a knock distracted me from my trance.
“Who’s that?” I asked while continue reading my books.
“Ma’am Sam, your parents is already here.” I jump out to my bed and go downstairs to see my parents.
“Mom, Dad.” I hug them tightly.
“Hi baby, how’s your day?” dad asked.
“It’s okay dad. Dad I have some question with you and Mom.”
“Okay baby, but later okay, we will just change our cloth and we will talk about that during our dinner.” I just nod as an answer.
I go back to my room and I continue reading to the book that I used to read before. It is entitled “The Great Six Celestial Power and their Inheritors”, this book is about the Great Six Celestial Gods and Goddesses who have the most powerful powers in the world of Exostan. The Six powerful elemental powers; the Water Controller, Earth Controller, Fire Controller, Air Controller, Ice Manipulator, and Electricity Manipulator. According to this book, each of the Celestial Gods should choose one of the Exostanian to inherit their power before they die.
(Someone knock on the door)
“Ma’am Sam, the dinner is ready” one of the maid said.
“Okay.” I put the book beside my bed, and I go downstairs. As I reach in the dining area, I saw Mom and Dad taking seriously.
“Mom, Dad? What are you guys talking? Why you both are so serious?” I asked with a confused face. I saw my Mom looking to my Dad and I feel that they are hiding something from me.
“We just talking about business, baby” Mom said, but I am not convince of what my Mom said. I just nod as an answer. As we start eating, nobody is talking between the three of us. But a few minutes later, Dad broke the silence.
“By the way baby, you said to me earlier that you have question to us right?”
“Ahm yeah, Dad why we have powers?”
“Asha, I think this is not the right time to talk about that. I will only tell you the whole story when you turn 18 because that time you already discover your power.” I think Dad is serious right now because he will just call me using my name when he is angry and serious. “Okay dad and dad when I am in school, I saw a man, he has this scary red eyes and he wears all black suit. I feel that he has a bad intention to me.” After I said that, I saw my father’s face that he is angry and worried.
“The Bangtans” dad said with a low voice.
“Bangtans? Who are they?” I asked with a muddled voice.
“They are the enemy of the Exostan, baby.” Mom said, after I heard about the so called Bangtans, my heartbeat start to malfunction because it beats fast.
“Then why they keep on following me? Is it because I am an Exostan?” I asked with a confused voice.
“Honestly, we really don’t know what are their reason on why they keep on following you, because they didn’t follow an Exostan, unless if that Exostan is important and have a big part in the institution.” as what daddy just said registered in my mind, my eyes get wider despite of the weariness I had right now.
“So that means, I am that important for them? Ehh.. I don’t even have power.”
“I don’t know baby, but don’t worry we will find out the reason behind this. And about your power, don’t worry two months later we will discover what your power is.” I am really confused right now.
(TWO MONTHS LATER)
It’s Saturday and this day is a big event of my life. This tonight’s event which is my 18th birthday is so important to me because I will discover now what my power is, and all questions in my head will be answered. I looked around, and seeing a few people getting busy in preparing for a simple event. The place seemed much brighter and more party-like but simple, probably due to the unique theatrical lightning. On the wall of the stage were pasted glittery pink words, which read as “ASHA SAMANTHA@18” and heart-shaped cutouts, were dangling from railings up above. To top it all off, pink and white balloons were floating all over the place, along with matching flowers, giving the place a fairy-tale theme perfect for my debut. After I checked the venue, I go straight to my room for preparation of my dress and my make-up. As I reach the room, I take a bath first, and after I finish taking a bath, they started to put make-up, but I told them first that make it simple. After a minute, in simple make-up, I wear my pink simple dress that flowing down to my curvy hips, and framed my thin figure perfectly. It is also perfect for my black curly hair, but I noticed something from my hair, that at the side of my hair their something color blue and white.
“Anna? Did you put something hair color to my hair?” I asked confusedly.
“No, I did not put any hair color to your hair.” Anna said with the terrify look.
“It’s okay, it suit to my dress.”
“But you know what Ma’am Sam, you look so perfect tonight.” She said with an excitement to her voice.
“Well thank you for you Anna.” I smiled to them. After I finished getting of myself for the party, I go to the main place where the event is held. The sound crackled from inside, echoing a cross the crowd and cutting off the music that had been blaring. When the M.C finally opening the event by introducing me. As I started to walk towards the entrance, I feel that all eyes are on me, but I don’t give them a hint that I am nervous right now, because honestly, I am not fun of joining like this in our school like the Prom Night. That’s why my heart beat s fast, but I always keep on telling to myself that, smile because this is your day. As the program gets started, and we do all the things what a debut must do, like 18 roses, 18 candles, 18 treasures, etc. The night will not end, until I give my special speech for thanking my parents, my brother who looked pretty good in his tux, with his brown hair gelled into places. And I thank also those people who are here right now. As the party is already over, I was in my room changing my cloth; a knock distracted me from what I am doing. Dad, Mom, and my brother entered the room. As soon as they noticed me, daddy sucked in his breath and said;
“Baby happy birthday again, and I know that this is the time where you will discover your power and you also want to know the story behind our powers and about that Bangtans who keep on following you, right?” I just nod as an answer, and this time no one is talking except to my dad.
“Well the story goes like this. Hundreds of years ago, there was a man who named Richard. He’s a Filipino. He’s not sociable. He didn’t even try to mingle or to have friend because he feel that there is something in there family that different from the others. He noticed that there family is isolated and they don’t talk to anyone especially to the normal people, it’s like they avoiding them. Until one day, he knew to his father that they are different. They have powers. And according to his father that they are not the only people that have powers, there are a lot of them. His father also told him that there are the so called Great Six Celestial Gods and Goddesses that have the most powerful powers. After he knew all that information from his father, he decided to travel around the world to find the Celestial Gods, but before he go to another country he changed his name to Keinji, for him not to be recognized by the people who saw him before. Until one day, while he is in Korea, he met a girl who named Kandiss. Actually, they met accidentally because someone try to snatch the bag of Kandiss, and Keinji saw that and he is ready to help the girl but he was shocked of what he saw, that the girl which is Kandiss has also power and it is the Elasticity where she can stretch her arms, hands and body. That’s why Keinji decided to convinced Kandiss to come with him, because aside from the fact that she only lived alone here in Korea, she can also help Keinji to find the Celestial Gods. After that they find another follower and the Celestial Gods throughout the world. After 3 years of finding the Celestial Gods, they successfully find them. The Celestial Gods has the six elemental powers, Luhan the Water Controller, Xiumin the Earth Controller, Yuna the Air Controller, Tao the Fire Controller, Chanyeol the Electricity Manipulator, and Riye the Ice Manipulator. While Keinji and Kandiss finding the Celestial Gods, they get married and they have blessed with two kids; Kana and Michie. Until one day, they heard news about Raymond, the twin brother of Richard/Keinji, he established an institution where they used their power to the innocent people in a bad way, and they called that institution as Bangtans. After Keinji heard about that, he was so disappointed of what his twin brother do, that’s why he decided to established an institution where the followers and the Celestial Gods can practice and learn about their powers. But after 10 years, Keinji and Kandiss died, they give the authority to their children to run the institution because even though that Kana is only 17 years old and Michie is 15 years old, Keinji trained them how to handle the institution that they built and it is the Exostan Academy.” all things what my father just telling right now is hard to register into my head.
“Then why the Bangtans keep on following me?” I asked with a confused voice.
“I think you are one of the inheritors.” Mom said.
“Inheritors? What is that?” I asked.
“Yes an inheritor, they are the inheritors of the great six Celestial powers. The Gods and Goddesses choose one of the Exostanian that deserving to be one of the inheritors.” Mom explained. I remember about those Celestial powers and the so called inheritors from the book that used to read when I’m alone.
“If I am one of the inheritors, then what is my power?”
“In order for you to discover your power, try to concentrate yourself, and focus your mind and be calm. So that we will know what is the color of your eye and hair.” My brother instructed.
“The color of my eyes and hair? What’s the connection?”
“The color of the eyes and hair is an indication that they are belong to the great six. The Red for the Fire Controller, Green for the Water Controller, Brown for the Earth Controller, Blue for the Air Controller, White for the Ice Manipulator, and Yellow for the Electricity Manipulator.” My brother answered. Now I know why there is something in my hair that is color blue and white. After that, I try myself to concentrate and keep myself calm. After a seconds, I slowly open my eyes and I totally open it, I saw in the face of my family that they are shock of what they are seen right now.
“You are the Air Controller Asha.” Dad said with a low voice. After I discover my power, my parents decided to transfer me in the Exostan Academy, where my brother Jeydon studied. I have this feeling that I am excited and at the same time nervous because I don’t know if the student are like my classmate in St. Augustus Academy, I don’t know if they don’t also like me, or if they want me to be their friend. That’s why I packed my things last night.
“Samantha! Let’s go we’re getting late.” My brother shouted.
“Coming! Bye Mom and Dad.” I hug them tightly
“Bye baby.”
After 30 minutes, we stop in the park, and my brother Jeydon give the key to Manong Mario. My heartbeat is starting to malfunction because I thought we reach the school but it’s not. Jeydon pulled me to the edge of this park and it’s like a forest here. We turn right, then left, and then right again. I feel so tired and it just nothing for my brother Jeydon. When we can reach that school? I asked to myself. After a minutes walking, my brother stop, that’s why I stop too and my mouth get wider because of what I seen right now. It is a one space, and it have a lake at the side and in front of me, there’s a big school where in the center of the gate, their something written their and it is Exostan Academy. I can’t imagine that in the middle of the forest there is a big school located.
As we entered the school, my eyes get wider because of the amazement; this school has a Shopping Center, a big field and many buildings. I’m sure the students here will not get bored. We are now on the way to the principal’s office where I will know what number of my room is. I noticed the hallways were jam-packed with students roaming around. While we are walking going to principal’s office, I saw a group of people that different to the students that I saw in the hallway, because the colors of their hair makes hem different from the others. I think they are the Inheritors of the great six celestial powers. Because it suit to what my brother just told me before about the colors of their hair, because each of them have different colors in their hair. The man at the left side, he has this long nose, pink lips, high cheekbones, and his brown hair. He wears brown fitted jeans, a white plain shirt, and rubber shoes. While the man at the right side, I think he is a half Korean and half Filipino because of his half-moon eyes, a long nose, snowy skin, and a Yellowish hair. And the man at the center, he have this cold aura, his eyes is emotionless, but he is handsome and the color of his hair is white. There are also two ladies, the lady on the left side, I think she is a Fashionista-type, she wears a tube that color pink and a white blazer, and a loose white jeans. Her hair is color white and green combination. And the girl on her right side, she a silent-type girl, she is tall, chinita, have a red lips and a white-red combination of her hair suit to her.
“Are they belong to the Inheritors?” I asked to my brother who is quiet right now. “Yes they are.” He answered.
After that we continue walking going to the Principal’s office. As we reach the office, my brother knocks three times before he open it. As we entered I saw a woman sitting on her rocking chair, she is beautiful, she have a long nose, pinkish white skin, and red kissable lips. So she is one of the daughters of Keinji and Kandiss.
“Good Morning, Master Kana.” My brother greeted her.
“Good Morning, please sit down. Is this Samantha?” she said while looking at me.
“Yes Master.” My brother said. “She is also one of the Great six.” After he said that, I don’t see any reaction in the face of the principal.
“Yeah, I know.” I am shock of what she said. “I know from the very beginning that you are one of the Inheritors and you are the Air Controller, I just wait until you turn to 18 and you already discover your power.” She said to me with a smile on her face.
“So here’s the number of your room.” It’s just a blink of my eyes, there is a paper appears to my hand. “You are one of the Inheritors, so you’re placed at the Celestial’s Department where the other members of the inheritors are there.
After Master Kana give to me my room number, we go straight to my room but I can’t help myself to be confused about Master Kana, that’s why I asked my brother;
“She have a sister right? What happen to her? Where is she right now?” I asked with a confused voice.“Her sister is in the America right now, Michie handle’s their business because aside of this school, they also establish a business for them to have more fund that can be used for the needs of this school.” I just a nod after I hear that.
After 30 minutes, we reach the room 14, and I adieu to my brother because he going back to his dormitory. I knock three times, before someone opens it. As the door open I saw the girl that her hair is color white-green combination.
“Yes? What do you need?” she said.
“Ahm, I am Asha Samantha Chavez. I am your new roommate.” I said yet downcast.
“New roommate, so are you one of us? Are you one of the inheritors?” I just nod.“So that means you are the Air Controller?”
“Yes, I am.” I said with a shy voice.
“Is that so, welcome to the family” I was shocked when she embraced me but at the same time I am happy.
“Yuna, who’s that?” someone shouted from the room.“Oh, by the way I am Yuna Torres. Let’s go inside I will introduce you to my best friend Riye” she pulled me inward to the room. As we entered the room I saw the girl lying on her bed while reading book.
“Riye look! We have new roommate she is Asha Samantha Chavez, the Air controller. Say hi to her!” Yuna said with an excitement to her voice.
“Hi.” Riye said with a bored voice.
“Don’t mind her; she is like that when she is young. She is not the type of person that easy to trust a person.” Yuna whispered to me. But after Yuna said that Riye give us a death glare. That’s why Yuna give Riye a peace sign. I am glad that I meet them because I know that this year I will have the best year of my life.
After months that I stayed here, I feel so welcome here because of Yuna, Riye, Kim, James, and Matt. They are like a family to me, even though we knew each other for a short period of time. During that months had passed, I learned now how to use my power because I thought that the subjects here are the same subject in my previous school but I was wrong, because the subjects here are about enhancing your power and how to control and used it and with the help of my friend I easily cope up to those lessons. Until one day, I thought that no one will destroy the peacefulness of the Exostan, but we get a news from one of the Exostanian that there is one Exostanian killed by the Bangtans, that’s why our school is now alert of our surroundings, and Master Kana also told us to train hard because there is a possibility that we can fight the Bangtans as soon as possible.
After two months of training, I can say that we are really prepared for the battle that will happen soon.
“Hey Sam, what are you thinking?” Yuna asked.
“Nothing.” She just nod.
“Come join us. We are having fun here, and you are their thinking for nothing.” “I’m okay, I will just stay here to be with Riye.” I shouted. I look at to Riye and she is also looking at me with a bored face. According to Yuna, Riye is really like that ever since her mother killed by the Bangtans, that’s why when she heard about what the Bangtans do to one of the Exostanian, she got angry, that lead to a big fire that happen in the forest because Riye didn’t control herself from her emotion.
Everyone is getting busy of doing something, Yuna and others are playing freeze bee, while Riye and me are reading book. While I am reading book, I feel that someone is watching me right now, what I feel now is the same of what I feel before. I gaze up to know who that is. And I saw him again, the creepy man with a red eyes and all black outfit.
”Asha.” Someone said with a creepy voice, and when I look again to the man, form a creepy smile to his face. “Asha.” I was stunned when second time around he calls my name and I am sure that, that voice from that eerie man.
“Sam, are you okay?” Riye asked with a confused voice. I just nod as answer. I look again to the man, but he is already gone. I saw someone running towards us.
”Excuse me, Master Kana called the.six of you to her office now. She said have something important to tell.” He said.
“Yuna, Master Kana called us to go to her office, let’s go.” I yelled at them. They just nod to me.
We already here in Master Kana’s office, she is now sitting to her chair with a serious face. Nobody wants to speak, the silence occupy the office now, until Master Kana speak;
“I called you here ‘cause I have something important to tell. I want you to be ready ‘cause the one who run the Bangtans institution which is King declared a war between them and us the Exostan. King is the only son of Raymond, the twin brother of my father; he will do anything to beat us. But I don’t want that to happen, that’s why I call you here because I believe to the six of you and I know for the past two months you trained harder for you to get prepared for this battle.” Master Kana said to us with a serious voice. While Master Kana is discussing, there is someone entered the office he is out of breath, and he has this worried and scared face.
“Master Kana, the Ba-bangtans, tumbled into our place, and they killed the Exostanian who blocked their way.” After he said that, Master Kana punch the table because of the anger that she feels right now.
“It’s time.” She said with a cold voice. After she said that, she goes out in this room and we follow her.
As we go straight where the Bangtans is making trouble. I saw dead bodies of the Exostanian people, that killed by the demon King. After we reach the ground we saw the Bangtan’s member and that I saw before, the creepy man.
“King.” Master Kana said with angriness to her voice.
“Oh hi, Queen Kana, nice to meet you. Do you like what you are seeing right now?” he said while smiling, a smile that implying something scary. I try to compose myself to be calm, and at same time focus and alert.
"You son of a demon, why are you doing this? I know that our group hate each other but, we can be reconciled each other.” Master Kana said to King.
“Reconciled? Wow big word, but no and why I am doing this? Simple, to get revenge to your family and especially to your father. Because your father killed my father.” He shouted with a scary voice. “And oh, I have a surprise for you.’ After she said that, there is a woman captivated by them.
“Michie!!” Master Kana is really worried right now. “Release her or else I will kill you.” She is fretting at the top of his voice when she saw her sister.
“Hahaha are you kidding me? Why would I? But what if I will kill her I front of you? Like this.” King stab the neck of Master Kana’s sister that lead her to death.
“NO!! You will pay for this.” She said now while crying. Master Kana take the plunge going to King. And we attack the Bangtansian using our powers; I make a big tornado to swallow all the members of Bangtans. I saw from my left that Yuna and Riye fight the others, and Kim, James and Matt is fighting also using their different powers. Yuna form a sword using her power and Riye use her power to make the sword water in iced. While Kim form a fire balls in his hands and then throw it to the enemies. James make a power punch in the ground that result to break it. And Matt used his power to make a thunder to use it to the enemies. On my peripheral vision I saw my brother attacked by the one of the Bangtans and that son of bitch try to stab my brother, that’s why I use my power to make a shields to parry the attack of the enemy, I look at to my brother and signal him to stab that man to his tummy. After that, I go back on fighting the enemies. I saw Master Kana is still fighting to King, but she got hit to her legs that result her to be in not condition, that’s why I called Yuna and Riye to help Master Kana, when King try to stab Master Kana, Yuna make a big sword made by water and Riye make it into iced, and I used my power which air to control the sword that they made going directly to King. And we successfully killed him because the sword is stab to his heart that leads him to death. We go to Master Kana so we can help her, I called my brother, to carry Master Kana going to the Clinic of the school. After a minute had passed by, we win the battle, even though that there’s a lot of Exostanian died, but it’s all worth it because they die with honor.
(SIX MONTHS LATER)
“I pronounce you as Graduate.” Master Kana said. Yes, it’s our graduation day today, I feel happy right now and at the same time sad, I am happy because I met a true friends who always their when you have problem and I am sad because I will miss this school because in this school I experience a lot that change me into who I am today, this school made me realize of who really I am, and made me realize that there are people who will treat you as part of their life forever. I know that this is not the end of my journey; I know that there will be another problem that will come into my life.
Mga Komento
Mag-post ng isang Komento